Daisy Parent is a practical, fun antenatal course for couples held at our studio near Stowe, Buckingham.
For expectant parents, the course will help you and your partner confidently prepare for birth and life with baby.
Designed with up to date evidence based education, tools and support, we help you to prepare confidently for your upcoming birth and the early days of caring for your new baby.
Preparing for your baby’s birth and caring for their needs in the early days can be a confusing time. For instance, there are so many guides, check lists, shopping lists, experts and education that it can be hard to know where to start. As well as making sure you are on the same page as your partner!
Daisy Parent workshops draw on elements of active birth, hypnobirthing, parentcraft and traditional antenatal classes to create one very powerful combination. From birth plans to massage in labour, informed choice to packing hospital bags, feeding your baby to changing their nappy.
We’ve got you covered with all the essential education and support you’ll need.
You can complete the full course or just choose the elements that are right for you.
Your course will cover:
Birth Preparation Session – Week 1, 2 and 3
- Evidence based antenatal education
- Breathing techniques, relaxation and birth hypnosis
- Movements for labour
- Massage techniques for pregnancy and labour
- Getting Prepared
- Role of Birth Partner
- Pain Relief
- Caesarean Sections
Infant Feeding Choices – Week 4
- Understand how breastfeeding works
- Understanding position & attachment
- PACED feeding
- How & when to sterilise equipment
- Role of partner
Newborn Care – Week 5 and 6
- How to care for your baby in the 4th trimester
- Calming & Soothing Techniques
- Practical Baby Care including bathing/dressing & nappy changing
- Understanding newborn sleep & safe sleeping
- Creating a safe environment for your baby
- Postnatal recovery & self care
- Role of partner
Important Class Information:
Daisy Parent workshops are for expectant mums and their co-parent or supporter. Adapted to suit all pregnancy related conditions, birth plans and parenting choices.
When: Tuesday evenings from 7pm-9.30pm
Where: The Studio At Stowe Stowe Castle Business Park, Buckingham, MK18 5AB
How long: 15 hours of content delivered in a series of 6 x 2.5 hour sessions PLUS a meet up once all the babies have arrived.
Investment : The full 6-week course is £240 per couple. This can be paid in one payment or you can secure your place with a £50 deposit. Your course includes:
- Refreshments throughout the sessions
- Comfortable seating – chairs/mats/cushions/birthing balls
- Detailed electronic notes after each session
- Group Whats App
- Ongoing support 24/7 via Whats App
- £10 voucher which can be redeemed against any of my baby classes or workshops
- An invitation to our community events
Plus if you choose to book early you will receive an ‘early bird’ discount of £20 per couple.
If you feel you don’t need the full course, then it can also be booked booked by each session (click on the drop down menu to select):
- Birth Preparation (3 x 2.5 hour sessions) – £135 per couple
- Infant Feeding (1 x 2.5 hour session) – £45 per couple
- Newborn Care (2x 2.5 hour sessions) – £90 per couple
I look forward to welcoming you to your Daisy Parent Antenatal Course