Our website has had a refresh. To find out about all our bookable products please click here.
Daisy Parent is a practical and fun antenatal course for expectant parents, helping you and your partner confidently prepare for birth and life with baby. Designed with up to date and evidence based education, to ensure you have all the education, tools and support you could need. We help you to truly prepare confidently for your upcoming birth and the early days of caring for your new baby.
Preparing for your baby’s birth and caring for their needs in the early days can be an confusing time. There are so many guides, check lists, shopping lists, experts and education that it can be hard to know where to start. Not to mention being on the same page as your partner!
Daisy Parent workshops draws on elements of active birth, hypnobirthing, parentcraft and traditional antenatal classes, to create one very powerful combination. From birth plans to massage in labour, informed choice to packing hospital bags, feeding your baby to changing their nappy. We’ve got you covered with all the essential education and support you’ll need.
Important class information
Daisy Parent workshops are for expectant mums and their co-parent or supporter. Classes are adapted to suit all pregnancy related conditions, birth plans and parenting choices.
When: Tuesday evening 7:00pm – 9:30pm. You can see all the start dates available by clicking through the drop down on the menu to the right.
Where: This term will be delivered ONLINE via ZOOM unless we return to Tier 2 restrictions.
How long: 15 hours in total, delivered in a series of 6 x 2.5 hour sessions
Your course will cover:
- Starting with the labour process and journey. Learning how to confidently work with your body to help labour move along.
- Then we’ll work through common decisions that may need to be made. What interventions you may encounter; instrumental and c-section delivery and what to expect during these.
Active birth education.
- Learn wonderful techniques, positions and movements to understand how to encourage the birthing process.
- We’ll discuss what to pack, your birth plan and preferences, place of birth choice, when to contact the midwife and considerations of labour environment.
Breathing, movement, relaxation and birth hypnosis techniques.
- Learn and practice proven Daisy Foundation breathing, movement and relaxation techniques. Perfect for pregnancy, labour and beyond.
- 3 Daisy breathing techniques, for each stage of labour but also incredibly useful for every day life!
Massage techniques for pregnancy and labour.
- Learn range of important massage a hold methods to help lower adrenaline and encourage labour.
- Practice them alongside all the other techniques that you’ll learn
Role of Birth Partner.
- The role of a birth partner is vital and we include tips and techniques you to be central to the process for all eventualities.
- As a birth partner you’ll get a chance to practice techniques to calm, relax and support.
- From birthing choices to choices surrounding newborn checks. From reusuable to disposable nappies and wipes. Babywearing to buggies. Routines to being baby-led and so much more.
Postnatal and baby care
- Understanding postantal plans and why they are so important.
- Also we’ll discuss how you will feel physically and mentally. How to be kind to yourself as you recover during the first few months.
- Importantly we discuss Postnatal Depression and PTSD so you know understand signs and understand what to do.
- Which tests, checks and choices are offered for your newborn and why they are important.
Baby Care Basics.
- Get hand-on practice of handling, holding, dressing, nappy changing, cord care, bathing and winding a baby.
- You’ll understand baby’s sleep patterns to help set your expectations.
- How to tell when they are hungry too. You’ll then get to grips with how many nappy changes to expect!
- Gain practical and evidence based education and information on all aspects of infant feeding.
- We cover everything you need to know for breast and bottle feeding (expressed and formula).
- Troubleshooting, signs of it going well
- Gain confidence in the recommendations and guidance for keeping your baby safe.
Calming and cues.
- You’ll learn how to interpret baby’s cues, and learn techniques for calming your baby’s cries.
- Most notably, we incorporate some of what we do in our baby classes too so you can be off to a confident start!
Role of dads/partners
- We’ll discuss how dads/partners may be feeling, how they can bond with their little ones and how they can be actively involved in caring for baby.
I look forward to welcoming you to your Daisy Parent Workshop.
If no dates are showing please contact me directly to discuss.