Keeping our communities up to date on the most recent news relating to the Coronavirus and our response.
The journey from pregnancy through to toddlerhood is often one filled with uncertainty and new challenges, and we are very aware at Daisy just how our current health climate may impact you.
We know that the situation and guidance is changing daily, and we are taking our response very seriously, believing we all have a duty to be a part of the solution.
This page will be kept up to date with any changes in policy as and when the guidance changes.
To access the most up to date information:
Information for pregnant women and their families from The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Royal College of Midwives and Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
Department of Health & Social Care – for updated Government policy, response and information on self-isolation.
UK Wide Summary – 1st September 2021
At each stage of the pandemic journey we have ensured we are operating fully in alignment with the latest Government guidelines and are placing the health and wellbeing of our communities first. We have responded quickly to every change and commit to continuing to do so as we navigate the COVID journey together.
At this time across all areas of the UK all Daisy classes and workshops are permitted to be delivered in-person. All Daisy Teachers are now supporting their communities in person, with the exception of Daisy Mama (which is both offered as an online and/or in-person at the discretion of the Daisy Local Teacher) and in 1:1 services where requested. This of course is under constant review and should any restrictions be re-introduced we will act accordingly.
At this time our policy is reflected below:
COVID-19 Customer Charter
At Daisy we are excited to return to in-person classes. The health and safety of our clients and teachers is paramount. We aim to balance government guidance around the safe, welcoming and nurturing ethos of our classes. To keep you safe, we pledge to do the following:
- Only to deliver in-person classes and workshops when it is permitted in line with Government restrictions, and to ensure any and all changes to local/regional guidance measures are acted upon as a matter of urgency.
- Only permit pre-booked clients to enter class to ensure we have the relevant contact details and updated medical questionnaire for all participants and can limit numbers to ensure any current social distancing measures can be honoured, and assist track and trace when necessary.
- Teach in person only where teachers are free of any symptoms of COVID-19.
Some of our measures that have been applied at varying points in the COVID response journey may still be respected by individual teachers at their discretion:
- Ensure all clients are spaced 1 metres + apart or in some cases 2 mt.
- Space classes out to allow for adequate cleaning between groups.
- Clean all hard surfaces between classes.
- Sanitise all equipment between classes.
- Sanitise hands at the beginning and end of every class.
- Ensure a regular cleaning regime for high traffic areas (door handles, bathrooms, hallways).
- Ask you to bring your own equipment for classes (mats/blanket etc).
- Offer you pre-sanitised baby toys for your own use in Daisy Baby Wrigglers and Cruisers classes.
- Ensure your ‘home-base’ socially distant area is clearly marked in all Daisy Baby classes.
- Provide hand sanitiser and ensure hand washing facilities are accessible from all classes.
- Follow guidance for ventilation within teaching environments, leaving windows open.
- Follow guidance where required for the wearing of face masks in common areas of venues and ensure all changes to guidelines are adhered to. We are adopting a policy of ‘Wear your mask till you reach your mat’ as a minimum.
- Make any appropriate amendments to class content so as to minimise risk, including but not limited to singing in baby classes.
In return we would ask that our clients help us to maintain this safe environment by following the guidelines below:
- Do not come to class if you (or your baby) has had any symptoms of Covid-19 (you must follow government guidance to self-isolate).
- Respect the guidance in relation to the wearing of face masks whenever and wherever they are required, or it is possible. We ask to you to adopt a ‘wear the mask until you reach the mat’ approach as a minimum where possible and respect the guidance for your UK region.
- Sanitise your hands upon arrival and leaving class – there will be sanitiser available.
- Exercise patience upon arrival and departure to avoid congestion around doorways and common areas – respecting others and adhering to the 2 metres social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Arrive on time (and leave promptly) for your class to allow for the increased cleansing time between classes to take place.
- Bring any equipment to class that your teacher has suggested in your welcome email for your specific class – this may include yoga mat, cushion or your baby’s favourite instrument or rattle etc.
- Adopt the ‘catch it and bin it’ method for all coughs and sneezes – and ensuring all soiled tissues, nappies, wet-wipes or other waste is collected and disposed of at home.
- Understand that we may need to make small alterations to sections of class if we believe it to minimise the risk – this may impact singing in class, babies touching the book in wrigglers and cruisers etc.
By committing to this charter, and asking you to follow it too, we can relax and enjoy being back at in-person classes and enjoying the Daisy Magic as safely as we possibly can!
Daisy’s top priority is helping all of our communities to stay safe – but that being said, pandemic or not – our absolute priority is providing a safe space in which expectant and new mums/families can be assured of informed education, unconditional support and community. It is our responsibility to ensure that this service is continued for you and all Daisy Teachers have strategies in place to support continued service.
We understand how lonely and confusing it can be under normal circumstances throughout pregnancy, birth and the early parenting days – we will absolutely be here for you to help you stay connected, supported and to access the education Daisy excels at.