Daisy Parent Birth and Baby Care Preparation Workshop – Gift Vouchers Now Available
A comprehensive workshop series for expectant parents designed to ensure you have all the education, tools and support you could need as you prepare confidently for your upcoming birth and the early days of caring for your new baby.
When it comes to preparing for your baby’s birth and caring for their needs in the early days, any number of emotions can overwhelm us. There are so many confusing guides, check lists, shopping lists, experts and education that it can be hard to know where to start, let alone be on the same page with your partner! Daisy Parent helps you and your partner not only prepare for a confident birth but prepare for confident parenting in the early days of caring for your newborn baby. This key step of your continuous perinatal support takes the best elements of traditional antenatal classes and parent preparation classes and wraps all of these together in a powerful workshop experience that allows you the confidence that comes from realising you can do this together.
Our entirely comprehensive Daisy Parent format draws on elements of active birth, hypnobirthing, parentcraft and traditional antenatal classes to create one very powerful combination. From birth plans to massage in labour, informed choice to packing hospital bags and feeding your baby to changing their nappy – we’ve got you covered.
Daisy Parent workshops are for all those who are pregnant along with their co-parent, are suitable to attend from around 30 weeks pregnant right up until baby’s birth, and are adapted to suit all pregnancy related conditions, birth plans and parenting choices with ease.
Workshops are 14-15 hours in total and are delivered in a series of 6 x 2.5 hour sessions for £250.
You can complete the full course or just choose the elements that are right for you. If you choose to book the full course, a £20 discount has been added.
Your course will cover:
Daisy Parent Birth Workshop – three 2.5 hours sessions
- Evidence based antenatal education
- Breathing techniques, relaxation and birth hypnosis
- Movements for labour
- Massage techniques for pregnancy and labour
- Getting Prepared
- Role of Birth Partner
- Pain Relief
- Caesarean Sections
Daisy Parent Infant Feeding Workshop – one 2.5 hours session
- Understand how breastfeeding works
- Understanding position & attachment
- PACED feeding
- How & when to sterilise equipment
- Role of partner
Daisy Parent Baby/Postnatal Workshop – two 2.5 hours sessions
- How to care for your baby in the 4th trimester
- Calming & Soothing Techniques
- Practical Baby Care including bathing/dressing & nappy changing
- Understanding newborn sleep & safe sleeping
- Creating a safe environment for your baby
- Postnatal recovery & self care
- Role of partner
Important Class Information:
Daisy Parent workshops are for expectant mums and their co-parent or supporter. Adapted to suit all pregnancy related conditions, birth plans and parenting choices.
When: Click on the highlighted dates for session dates and availability.
Where: St Mathew’s Community Hall, Philip Holt Room, Chapel Ln, Stretford, Manchester M32 9AJ – Direction from google Maps Here
How long: 15 hours of content delivered in a series of 6 x 2.5 hour sessions
Cost: (click on the drop down menu to select):
- Daisy Parent Birth Workshop (3 x 2.5 hour sessions) – £125 per couple
- Daisy Parent Infant Feeding Workshop (1 x 2.5 hour session) – £40 per couple
- Daisy Parent Baby/Postnatal Workshop (2x 2.5 hour sessions) – £85 per couple
- Full 6 week workshop – £230 – a £20 discount has been applied
I look forward to welcoming you to your Daisy Parent Antenatal Course